Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip is a creamy cheese dip filled with chicken, black beans, tomatoes and green onion. This warm and cheesy dip is a total crowd pleaser and can be served multiple ways!
Chicken Nacho Dip starts with cheese and sour cream for a creamy base, shredded chicken and black beans for heartiness, and jalapenos for just a bit of heat. The green onion and taco seasoning that’s added takes this dip to whole new levels of yum!
Serve this amazing dip during football season, as an appetizer at a party, or at your next backyard barbecue and everyone who tastes it will absolutely rave. 🙂
To whip up this delicious stuff, all you need to do is place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker (except for the beans) and cook on high for 1 to 2 hours or until the cheese has melted! Add the black beans last and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Now just keep it on the warm setting and you have a hearty and gooey cheese dip waiting to be devoured!
Slather it over a warm tortilla for a tasty roll-up, on top of crispy tortilla chips for heavenly nachos, or drench it over Mexican chicken or steak! No matter which way you choose to serve this Chicken Nacho Dip, you can’t go wrong!
HOW TO ADJUST THE THICKNESS OF CHICKEN NACHO DIP
If your dip ends up too thick, no worries! Just add in a splash of milk (or two) until you reach the desired consistency.
CAN YOU ADJUST THE HEAT LEVEL?
Of course! Here’s how to spice things up or tone things down:
- For more heat:
- Use a hotter variety of taco seasoning.
- Use Hot Rotel instead of Mild.
- Add in more sliced jalapeno.
- Add a dash or two of your favorite hot sauce.
- For less heat:
- Use the mild Rotel or freshly diced tomatoes instead to completely leave out the green chiles.
- Omit the jalapenos or just use less.
CAN YOU USE BEEF INSTEAD OF CHICKEN?
You definitely can! You could also try pork or turkey sausage as well.
Here’s a couple other ingredients that would taste amazing in this nacho dip.
- Cream cheese: for an even creamier and richer dip, add in a block of cream cheese.
- Olives: for those of you who love olives, they work perfectly with this dip.
- Refried beans: if you’re not a fan of black beans, refried beans work just as nicely. Just know they’ll make the dip even thicker and creamier.
- Cilantro: because why not? It’s a Mexican herb classic.
- Cheddar cheese: for a richer and more sharp flavor, just add in some cheddar cheese.
IF YOU LIKE THIS CHICKEN NACHO DIP THEN YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE:
WARM BEAN DIP: a rich dip loaded with creamy refried beans, sour cream, Mexican seasonings and topped with lots of gooey cheese.
TEXAS TACO DIP: a tasty dip filled with beans, beef chili and loads of cheese! Topped with lettuce, tomato and onion it becomes the ultimate appetizer.
JALAPENO POPPER DIP: a delicious dip loaded with cheesy goodness and jalapeno and topped with a crispy bread crumb layer.
MEXICAN LAYER DIP: a classic layered dip filled with refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, and more!
Slow Cooker Chicken Nacho Dip
- 1 large cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped or shredded (about 1/2 lb. of chicken)
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) mild Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles), drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly diced jalapeno pepper optional (this does add heat to the dip. Omit for less heat)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped green onion
- In a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, spray the insert with cooking spray. Place the cooked, shredded chicken, cubed Velveeta cheese, Rotel, sour cream, taco seasoning and jalapeno peppers inside. Stir gently to combine.
- Close with lid and turn to low heat. Let dip cook about 1 to 2 hours, OR until Velveeta cheese has completely melted.Pour in the drained, rinsed black beans and the green onion. Close lid again and let cook another 15 minutes or so to warm the beans.
- Remove lid and stir gently. You can add a splash or two of milk if you like your cheese dip on the thinner side.Serve dip warm with tortilla chips, veggies or whatever you desire. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!