Texas Taco Dip is filled with beans, beef chili and loads of cheese. Top it with lettuce, tomato and onion and scoop it all up with chips for the ultimate appetizer!
Texas Taco Dip is one of the many things that will be gracing our table this Sunday for the big Super Bowl game. It’s unlike your typical 7 layer dip (which I LOVE) but this one has came in and taken first place for awhile. 😉
This delicious dip is filled with beans, beef chili and loads of cheese. Top it off with lettuce, tomato and onion for the ultimate appetizer.
It kind of reminds me of a bowl of chili but in dip form (and so much better!) Use corn chips to scoop up all that goodness and your tastebuds will thank you for it.
Texas Taco Dip is some hearty party food that will make bellies full and happy!
Texas Taco Dip
A hearty and delicious taco dip that will make bellies full and happy!
- 1½ pounds ground beef ( I used lean)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in tomato sauce)
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato puree
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tablespoons onion, chopped
- shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 1 large bag Fritos corn chips
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook and crumble ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add Ranch style beans, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, taco seasoning and salt. Stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Grab a large serving platter or a large cookie sheet and line with foil for easy clean-up. Pour mixture onto platter or prepared cookie sheet, spreading out evenly.
- Top with layers of cheese, onion, lettuce, tomato and olives. Serve dip immediately with salsa and corn chips. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!