Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are filled with tender slow cooked beef, topped with melty cheese and packed inside a toasty bun. Dunk them in the flavorful au jus and they will melt right in your mouth!
One of my most favorite sandwiches ever are these Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches. They are my idea of the perfect comfort food! Warm and tender beef, topped with melty cheese, all packed inside a toasty bun. Dip them in au jus and they melt in your mouth. They are just pure heaven in my eyes. 😀
This recipe for Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches is the ultimate one. These babies are loaded with flavor! I got the original recipe from my friend Jen’s blog Carlsbad Cravings. (Check out her blog if you want some really incredible recipes!) The first time we tried these my entire family fell head over hills in love. It is now the only recipe for French Dip sandwiches that I make. I did tweak just a couple ingredients and added some cream cheese. Yep, it only adds to the deliciousness!
Sometimes when I’m feeling extra ambitious I turn our favorite FRENCH BREAD ROLLS into hoagie buns and fill them with this heavenly beef. It is one of life’s greatest pleasures! haha.
Using homemade bread for your favorite sandwich is always the way to go. But if you don’t have the time, or the drive, just use store bought hoagies and you will still love every bite of these wonderful sandwiches! 🙂
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 pounds boneless beef rump roast
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup Coca-Cola soda (NOT diet soda)
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces, each) beef consommé
- 1/4 cup dry minced onions
- 1/2 Tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- FOR THE SANDWICHES:
- 8 hoagie buns
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 Tablespoons chive and onion cream cheese
- Spray a large (6 to 7 quart) slow cooker with cooking spray. Place the roast in slow cooker and add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours. Remove roast to a cutting board. Remove any fat then slice roast thinly (about 1/4 inch a slice). Place meat back in slow cooker. Continue to cook on low heat for an additional 2 to 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove roast slices from slow cooker. Strain au just into a large bowl to get rid of any large pieces of onion/seasoning.
- Cut rolls in half and place on a large baking sheet. Spread each bottom half of buns with 1 Tablespoon cream cheese. Then top each with beef and one slice Provolone cheese.
- Place in oven under broiler until cheese has melted. *Watch the entire time so they don’t burn!* Serve sandwiches with au jus and enjoy!