I was looking for a fun way to change up my favorite salad, and this Spinach Salad was the winning way. It’s a bed of spinach and green leaf lettuce with bacon, sliced almonds, mandarin oranges and a little mozzarella cheese. It is absolutely delish! 🙂
The sliced almonds give this salad a nice crunch, and the bacon and oranges give it a great salty/sweet flavor! The creamy poppy seed dressing just completes it perfectly. I love how I can make this all year round. It’s a perfect salad to serve with a holiday meal, or on a hot summer day for lunch.
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups mandarin oranges
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Creamy Poppy Seed dressing
- Rinse green leaf lettuce in water. Pat dry with paper towels then chop into pieces. Divide lettuce and spinach leaves among 4 plates or bowls.
- Top each salad with mandarin oranges, chopped bacon, almonds and cheese. Drizzle with desired amount of creamy poppy seed dressing. Enjoy!
- You can make this salad 1 day in advance. Combine all of the ingredients, except the oranges and dressing, into a large bowl. Cover and chill in fridge until ready to eat. When ready to serve, add the oranges and toss with dressing.