These Twix cookies are soft and buttery thumbprint cookies topped with sweet caramel and a decadent milk chocolate drizzle! They taste just like the classic candy bar, but only better!
Twix candy bars have been a favorite in my house for a long time, well except for my daughter Emma, she isn’t exactly a fan of caramel, the weirdo.😉
It’s quite the opposite for my youngest, Kallen. He absolutely adores all things caramel, so it doesn’t surprise me that these are his new favorite cookies. I mean, he only told me one hundred times how much he loved them as he continued to stuff his face with them, the sweetheart! haha.
I have to say, the thumbprint cookie itself is so tender and soft it almost melts in your mouth. They’re honestly so good you could just make a batch of them as is, but the sweet yet salty caramel center truly makes these a masterpiece you don’t want to miss out on.
They also have a luscious milk chocolate drizzle on top that finishes them off to perfection. Now if that doesn’t convince you to whip up a batch of these babies right now, I don’t know what will!
Another thing I love about these Twix cookies is that they’re perfect to give out to family and friends for a yummy gift! I actually passed out these cookies to a few of my close neighbors as a Christmas treat this year. They were truly delighted and I received nothing but positive feedback afterwards.😄
That just goes to show, if you’re looking for a truly crowd-pleasing, yet simple to make cookie, these Twix cookies got your back! 😄
MORE DELICIOUS COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Caramel and Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup caramels (I use Kraft caramels)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening or vegetable oil
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.In a large bowl, or bowl of an electric stand mixer, mix butter and sugar together until creamy and combined. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract. Mix until combined. (Be sure to scrape the bowl every now and then to incorporate all the ingredients.)
- Slowly add flour and salt to mixture. Mix until dough comes together and forms a ball. Scoop cookie dough out onto the prepared cookie sheets. 12 per cookie sheet. (I use a small cookie scoop).Press a small indent in the top of each cookie with your thumb; taking care to not make it too big or wide.Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to chill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
- Once cookies are cooled, melt caramels in a microwave safe bowl, in 25 second increments. Carefully, pour one teaspoon of melted caramel in the hole of each cookie. Let the caramel set before topping with chocolate.Melt chocolate chips and shortening (or oil) in a microwave safe bowl, in 25 second increments. Drizzle one teaspoon of melted chocolate over each cookie. Let chocolate set before serving. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
One thought on “Twix Cookies”
i will try. thank