I’m a big advocate for using boxed cake mixes in recipes! I’ve recently been reading other bloggers complain about it. They feel it’s not ‘real’ baking or authentic. Personally, I just laugh. What’s the big deal? They taste great, and if your worried about the ‘healthy’ aspect, then you probably shouldn’t be making treats in the first place. Of course, anything you make from scratch will probably be better, but when you don’t have the time, these cake mixes are wonderful to use!
To prove my point, I decided to post these super yummy Oreo cookies that are made from a…….. take a wild guess…….. boxed cake mix! HOLLA! These cookies are awesome, and taste a million times better than any regular store-bought Oreo. They are chocolatey bliss and very rich. My kinda treat! I like to make mine Giant sized! The bigger, the better baby!
Homemade Oreo Cookies
Write a review
- 1 (18 oz) box Devils Food Cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla (Clear Vanilla is optimal, but not necessary)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F°. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. It will form a thick dough. Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Gently press down on dough to flatten slightly. Bake for 8-9 minutes. (They wont seem done, but they are!) Remove from oven and let completely cool on the cookie sheet.
FOR CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla with a hand mixer until well mixed. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Take one Oreo cookie and frost the bottom with desired amount of filling, top with a second cookie.
- Store cookies in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Life In The Lofthouse https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/
Linked up at Mandy’s Recipe Box