The flavors going on with this glaze are pure heaven. Pineapple, ginger, maple syrup and cloves make the perfect combination. It is so delicious! If you have ever eaten a ham from the franchise HoneyBaked Ham® then you will love this recipe.
I whipped this up a few weekends ago when I had a ham in my fridge. I knew I needed to dress it up with something good and this glaze was it. I took a few different recipes I found and came up with this winning combination. The clove flavor makes the glaze just amazing and the ham outstanding.
- 1 (6 to 7 pound) fully cooked ham
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Spray the inside liner of a 7 quart crock pot with non-stick spray. Place ham inside crock pot, flat side down.
- FOR GLAZE: Mix all of the glaze ingredients together. (You can put it in the blender to fully blend in pineapple, if desired)
- Pour glaze all over ham. Cover with lid. Cook on low heat 4 to 5 hours or until internal temperature taken with a thermometer reads 140° F.
- Baste ham with glaze 30 minutes before serving.
- Remove from crock pot and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.