This Ham and Cheese Tortellini dish will become your family’s favorite dinner! It’s loaded with ham, peas and a creamy sauce over cheese-filled tortellini. It’s simple to make and absolutely delicious!
This Ham and Cheese Tortellini will become your family’s new favorite dinner! Well, it’s become ours anyway. This dish is so incredible and comforting. Loaded with ham, peas and cheese-filled tortellini- it is a sure winner for lunch or dinner!
When I whipped this up for lunch the other day my kiddos were raving the entire time. Except for Kallen. He was picking his peas out and asking me why I would put them in? LOL Other than that he gobbled his up to.
I did use Pepper-Jack cheese in this, and the even though the kids still loved it, they said it was a tiny bit spicy. Next time I make it for them I’ll use Mozzarella or White Cheddar cheese instead. As for Kale and I, the Pepper-Jack was amazing.
Oh, and I must remind you that this is a one pot meal. Yes, Ma’am. Easy dinner and easy clean-up makes me love this all the more. 😀
MORE SKILLET PASTA RECIPES YOU’LL WANT TO TRY!
Ham and Cheese Tortellini
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces deli ham diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag (19 ounces) tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup baby peas frozen
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add ham. Cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and tortellini. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let mixture come to a boil.Cover with lid, then reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Remove lid; stir in peas and cream. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top. Place under broiler in oven until cheese is melted. (Watch closely the entire time so you don't burn it!)Serve and enjoy!