This Ham and Cheese Tortellini will become your family’s new favorite dinner! Well, it’s become ours anyway. This dish is so incredible and comforting. Loaded with ham, peas and cheese-filled tortellini- it is a sure winner for lunch or dinner!
When I whipped this up for lunch the other day my kiddos were raving the entire time. Except for Kallen. He was picking his peas out and asking me why I would put them in? LOL Other than that he gobbled his up to. I did use Pepper-Jack cheese in this, and the even though the kids still loved it, they said it was a tiny bit spicy. Next time I make it for them I’ll use Mozzarella or White Cheddar cheese instead. As for Kale and I, the Pepper-Jack was amazing.
Oh, and I must remind you that this is a one pot meal. Yes, Ma’am. Easy dinner and easy clean-up makes me love this all the more. 😀
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 8 ounces deli Ham
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (19 oz.) bag tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup baby peas, frozen
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack or Mozzarella cheese
- Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and cook until onion is translucent. Add ham. Cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and tortellini. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let mixture come to a boil. Cover with lid, then reduce heat to low. Simmer 15 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Remove lid; stir in peas and cream. Remove from heat and stir in ½ cup of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top. Place under broiler until cheese is melted. (Watch closely the entire time so you don't burn it!)
- Serve and enjoy!