Save room in the oven with this Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham! This delicious ham is slowly cooked with a honey glaze that is bursting with flavor!
I talk about Halloween and Christmas so much I forget to mention a holiday that holds a special place in my heart- Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving for all the obvious reasons but the main reason I adore it is because of the childhood memories it brings back.
Going to my Grandma Lu’s house for Thanksgiving as a child was always special to me. Her Thanksgiving meals were incredible to say the least. My Grandma Lu was a super classy lady. She would set the most fabulous table with all of her best china, and had a buffet table that was lined with every delicious food you could imagine. Including a honey glazed ham.
Grandma’s ham was always amazing. She was the only person I knew that served ham with a turkey on Thanksgiving and I loved it! I can close my eyes and still feel like I’m back in her dining room eating that awesome dinner and hearing my parents, aunts and uncles talking, and all the cousins laughing and running around. I miss those days so much. 🙂
This recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham is slowly cooked in a crock pot with a sweet honey glaze that is full of fall flavors- cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. It is savory-sweet and so delicious!
Now as an adult I enjoy cooking that special holiday dinner for my family and have kept Grandma’s tradition alive by always making this honey glazed ham a long with a turkey. My kids actually prefer the ham over the turkey! Go figure. haha.
Christmas is another time I always cook this ham. It makes for incredible leftovers as well. It goes great in breakfast casseroles, sandwiches or just reheated with some mashed potatoes. Yum!
- 7 to 8 pound bone-in spiral sliced ham
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Spray a large slow cooker insert with cooking spray. (I use a 7 quart size).
- Remove ham from wrapper and place in the bottom of prepared slow cooker. Stir together melted butter and honey then drizzle all over ham and inside ham slices. Cover with lid and cook on low heat 3 to 4 hours.
- In a medium bowl, add sugar, onion powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Stir to combine. Sprinkle HALF of this mixture all over the cooked ham. At this point you can cover again and let sugar mixture caramelize while in the slow cooker for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- OR you can very carefully, using oven mitts, remove slow cooker insert to oven and place under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes. (*ONLY the insert, not the entire slow cooker*) I placed mine under the broiler for 2 minutes and it carmelized perfectly!
- Carefully remove from oven and place insert back inside crock pot and cover with lid. Turn off heat.
- Meanwhile, pour the remaining sugar mixture in a small saucepan. Add 3 Tablespoons water. Stir and let come to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and pour glaze all over ham.
- Slice and serve ham warm. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: The Chunky Chef