Ham and Cheese Sliders are savory baked sandwiches with a buttery mustard poppy seed sauce. They are so easy to put together. Make these sliders and you’ll never want to go back to plain ham and cheese sandwiches again!
Ham and Cheese Sliders are savory baked ham sandwiches brushed with a tangy and buttery mustard poppy seed sauce. They’re so fast and easy to put together. Make these sliders and you’ll never want to go back to those plain (and boring) ham and cheese sandwiches again!
These sliders have been a family favorite for years. I’ve made them for a million different events, or at least it feels that way, and they never disappoint! You could name just about any sort of family party or gathering, and sure enough these ham and cheese sliders have been on the menu. It’s no surprise why, they are SO easy to whip up, taste incredible and make for the ultimate party food to feed a whole crowd!
Who doesn’t love layers of sliced ham and gooey Swiss cheese between soft dinner rolls that are baked to utter perfection? And who wouldn’t love said gooey ham and cheese sandwich covered in the most buttery, tangy and flavor-filled poppy seed mustard sauce? Only a crazy person wouldn’t, that’s who. 😉
As if these babies aren’t great enough, they are also easily customizable! By that I mean you could easily switch up the meat, cheese or rolls that you use depending on your personal preference.
If you’re not really a fan of ham, go ahead and swap it out for turkey! Or if you do like ham, you can also try different flavors like honey-glazed, smoked or maple depending on the flavor profile you’re shooting for. Going along with the flavor, if you want something a little more sweet to go with the savory, you could use sweet Hawaiian rolls instead of normal dinner rolls. My family has actually tried them this way many times and they taste amazing!
Serve these at your next potluck, party or social gathering and there won’t be one sandwich left! They also make for an easy weeknight dinner when you’re not in the mood to hear complaints from those picky eaters of yours.
MORE SANDWICH RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 12 good quality Dinner Rolls
- 12 slices thinly sliced Honey Ham
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
POPPYSEED MUSTARD SAUCE
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- Place bottom halves of rolls in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top each bottom with one slice of ham and one slice of Swiss cheese. Cover each roll with their top half.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the mustard, minced onion and worcestershire sauce ingredients. Carefully pour the sauce evenly over all of the rolls. Sprinkle the tops of rolls with the poppyseeds. Let stand about 10 minutes or until butter has set slightly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for 12-15 minutes. Remove foil and place back into oven for 2 minutes or until cheese has completely melted. Serve warm.
- FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare sandwiches as directed above. Do not bake. Place sandwiches in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze up to 2 months.To reheat: thaw sandwiches in the fridge up to 24 hours. Bake in a 350° F. oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until heated through.