Ham and Cheese Sliders are savory and delicious baked ham sandwiches with a mustard poppy seed dressing. These little sandwiches are always a hit at parties and get togethers!
These yummy sandwiches remind me of something my Grandma Jennings would have made for lunch on a Sunday after church. She was such a great cook. Thanksgiving dinners at her house were always elegant and amazing. She would set out all of her best china and silverware, and even use champagne glasses, but it was sparkling apple cider that filled the inside, never alcohol. I thought I was pretty cool drinking from those fancy glasses. To this day, every Thanksgiving I buy sparkling apple cider. It reminds me of her.
Okay, so where was I? Oh yes, these sliders. They are so delicious. Definitely not the boring everyday ham and cheese sandwich. The poppyseed sauce that you drench over the top is what really makes these things wonderful! The flavor is excellent. These would be perfect to make for a baby or bridal shower, a church or work party, etc. I guarantee you will be asked the recipe!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
Hot ham and cheese sandwiches covered in a savory poppyseed mustard sauce. These sandwiches are a hit at any party!
Author: Holly Lofthouse
- 12 good quality Dinner Rolls
- 12 slices thinly sliced Honey Ham
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
POPPYSEED MUSTARD SAUCE
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- ½ Tablespoon Minced Onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Tablespoon Poppyseeds
- Cut the rolls down middle. Place bottom halves of rolls in a 9×13 baking dish. Top each bottom with one slice of ham and one slice of swiss cheese. Cover each roll with their top half.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the mustard, minced onion and worcestershire sauce ingredients. Carefully pour the sauce evenly over all of the rolls. Sprinkle the tops of rolls with the poppyseeds. Let stand about 10 minutes or until butter has set slightly.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Remove foil and place back into oven for 2 minutes or until cheese has completley melted. Serve warm.
- FREEZER INSTRUCTIONS: Prepare sandwiches as directed above. Do not bake. Place sandwiches in a freezer-safe bag or container and Freeze up to 2 months. To reheat: thaw sandwiches in the fridge up to 24 hours. Bake in a 350° F. oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until heated through.