I’ve decided that Mondays are going to be my ‘Crockpot’ days. I just throw in the ingredients before I head to work and by the time I come home, dinner is ready! I love it! These sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make in my crock pot.
- 3-4 lb Beef Round Steak (or any beef roast)
- 1 packet Onion Soup mix
- 1 packet Au Jus Gravy mix
- 2 (15 oz) cans Beef Broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 crusty Hoagie Rolls
- 8 slices Provolone, White American or Swiss cheese
- Place the roast in your crockpot. In a medium bowl mix together the soup mix, au jus mix, beef broth and water. Pour all over the roast. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours, or on High for 5-7 hours.
- Shred roast and then place in crusty hoagie buns. Top with sliced cheese and then set sandwiches on a baking sheet and place under the broiler until cheese is all melted and buns are nice and toasted. (Stay by the oven the whole time to watch them. They can burn fast!) Ladle the gravy into small bowls and dip your sandwiches in it. YUM!