I know it’s not Monday but I’m going to tell you how I feel about Mondays. I hate them. Okay, hates a strong word. I dislike them. It’s the day our office is crazy busy. The phones don’t stop ringing, and we have 4 of our 5 Doctors in, so we see about 5.3 million patients. Well, maybe not that many, but you know what I mean.
So with how hectic they are, making dinner is usually the last thing I want to do. Kale told me awhile back that he would start being in charge of Monday night dinners to give me a break. But that lasted only one time. I still love him though.
I’ve decided that Mondays are going to be my ‘Crockpot’ days. I just throw in the ingredients before I head to work and by the time I come home, dinner is ready! I love it! These sandwiches are one of my favorite things to make in my crock pot.
French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 pound boneless beef rump roast (or any boneless beef roast)
- 1 packet (2 ounces) dried onion soup mix
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Au Jus Gravy mix
- 2 cans (15 ounces, each) beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 crusty Hoagie Rolls
- 8 slices Provolone (or White American or Swiss cheese)
- Place the roast in a greased crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the onion soup mix, au jus mix, beef broth and water. Pour mixture all over the roast. Cover crock pot with the lid.
- Cook roast on Low heat for 9 to 10 hours OR cook on High heat for 6 to 7 hours. After it's finished cooking, carefully transfer hot roast to a cutting board. Remove any fat then shred.
- Place desired amount of shredded beef in crusty hoagie buns. Top with sliced cheese. Set sandwiches on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler until cheese is all melted and buns are toasted. *Watch the sandwiches the entire time while they are under the broiler. They can burn fast!*Ladle the au jus gravy from the crock pot into small bowls. Dip your sandwiches in it and enjoy!