Family night is a very important time for us. It’s a night that my husband and I dedicate to just our kids, making memories, and special moments for our family. We schedule it regularly on at least 2 Fridays a month. Most of the time, we will pick a theme and plan all the food and fun around that particular theme. Sometimes we’ll do “Game Night” where we play board games, be competitive and have a blast! Or sometimes we’ll do “Craft Night” where the whole family sits around the table creating art and fun projects. This time we had “Movie Night!” I think that one is our favorite. The whole family enjoys a delicious meal, and yummy treats, as we watch a good movie!
Planning our family night is always something I look forward to. My kids are always asking me when the next one is, so it shows me how much they look forward to this night too. I strive for it to be always fun and memorable for them, so I want it to go as smooth as possible. Here are a few of my tips that help me organize a great night:
Pick one night/schedule that works best for your family and stick with it! Be consistent, the kids will look forward to it and appreciate it!
No cell phones or Internet access allowed on family night. The world has become Internet obsessed (myself included). On family night, turn off those cell phones and focus on the precious present moment. Your kids will love all the attention they get from you!
A few days before, plan your theme! If you’re doing game night, pick what games you’ll play and have them ready to go. Or for movie night, ask the kids which movies they’ve been wanting to see.
As far as the menu, I usually like to pick something kid-friendly because hey, it’s all about them on this night! Sandwiches, pastas, pizza (of course!) usually go well with kids. After I’ve decided what I’ll be making I like to print a fun menu and post it on my fridge for the kids to see.
I have loved using Dixie Ultra Moments® plates for these nights so that we can Celebrate with Style and Strength™. These are unique 8-sided plates built with a deep rim, durable construction and Soak Proof Shield®. They’re strong enough to hold up for any gathering or party. Dixie Ultra Moments® Tableware helps you take care of the details so you can enjoy your moment now! When I am spending this quality night with my family, I want to enjoy every single moment!
Dixie Ultra Moments® Tableware premium coordinating designs bring style to any occasion. They make for one beautiful family night table! I always let my girls set the table on these special nights, and they love it.
Dixie Ultra Moments® Tableware has a contest going on called the Dixie Ultra Moments® “The Ultimate Host.”
Dixie Ultra Moments® Tableware has partnered with David Tutera in search of “The Ultimate Host.” The Dixie Ultra Moments® “The Ultimate Host” Contest is seeking consumers who epitomize hosting, showcase originality, style and creativity when planning or hosting events.
Consumers can enter “The Ultimate Host” contest by sharing 2 photos that demonstrate what makes them “The Ultimate Host.” Although not required, consumers are encouraged to use Dixie Ultra Moments® product in their submitted photos. Entrants will receive a product coupon once they enter. Following the entry period, the top 10 submissions will be posted on UltraMoments.Dixie.comfor the public to vote – the top three winners will receive a prize!
Okay, now let’s get to these sandwiches. It’s silly to even call this a recipe, but in case you’re wondering how I make these delicious club sandwiches, this is how:
- 6 good-quality slices of bread
- ½ pound deli turkey, thinly sliced
- ½ pound deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 slices colby-jack cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices of tomato
- romaine lettuce
- Toast bread in the toaster, until golden-brown. Let cool completely before building sandwiches. Take one slice of bread and slather with mayo/mixture. (as much or little as you like). Top that slice of bread with 3 pieces of turkey. Top turkey with romaine lettuce and 2 slices of bacon. Take one more piece of bread and top it over the bacon. Slather that piece of bread with a little more mayo/ mustard. Add 3 pieces of ham, 1 slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato and lettuce. Top with one more piece of bread. Slightly press the top of the sandwich down, to help everything stay together. Repeat same process with remaining ingredients and 3 pieces of bread. You will have 2 large sandwiches total. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles and serve! Yields: 2 large sandwiches (serves 2-4)