Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches are filled with flavorful chicken salad stuffed between buttery, soft croissant rolls. These are delicious sandwiches we love to eat year round!
I believe everyone has their own special way to make chicken salad. The varieties are endless and definitely delicious. I like mine pretty simple, and without any nuts, like a lot of recipes have.
Today, I’m sharing my favorite way to make it. My chicken salad is cool, refreshing and so flavorful. It’s the perfect recipe for summer time! One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is between a soft buttery croissant.
These Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches are amazing. They make for a great summer lunch or dinner, but I make them year round because we love them so much!
My main advice is to prepare the chicken salad at least 4 to 6 hours in advance. Overnight is even better! That way the flavors have a chance to really develop. It’ll be worth the wait. I promise. 😉
LOVE SANDWICHES? HERE ARE MORE SANDWICH RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwiches
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- 1 ½ cups red grapes halved
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or ranch dressing
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- juice of 1 small lemon
- 8 Croissant rolls
- Add the shredded chicken, celery, grapes, and green onion to a large bowl. Toss to combine. Set bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Whisk together until combined. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture. Stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice each croissant roll in half. Spread 1/2 cup of chicken salad over bottom half. Top with the other half. Serve and enjoy!