Butterly flaky crescents, ham, turkey and cheese are just a few of the delicious things inside these amazing Monte Cristo Sandwiches!
This sandwich is one of Kale and my favorites! It comes from the ‘Pillsbury Bake-Off’ cookbook. My Mom made these for Christmas Eve in 2004, and they were a huge hit! I have been making them ever since.
These amazing sandwiches are stuffed with sliced honey ham, turkey, muenster cheese and raspberry preserves. The breading is my beloved crescent dough. Oh how I love me some crescent dough.
Here’s how you make them…
Start by melting 2 tablespoons each of butter and honey.
Unroll crescent roll triangles from can (there should be 8 in a can) and press two together to form a rectangle.. Making four rectangles per can. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the melted butter/honey mix onto the dough rectangle. (I can only fit 4 rectangles per baking sheet) Bake in a 375 degree oven until golden (about 8 minutes).
They should look like this when done baking.
Golden and scrumptious.
Take one crust and layer it with 5 slices of turkey. Top turkey with another crust and add 5 slices ham and 3 pieces of cheese.
Place another crust over the cheese and smear it with as much raspberry jam your heart desires. Top jam with one last crust. Now make another sandwich the exact same way, with the other 4 crusts and ingredients. You will have 2 large sandwiches total.
Pop them in the oven and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Start watching them after 10 minutes to make sure they don’t burn!
Be still my ♥! Mmmmm…
Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- 2 (8 oz.) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- ½ pound sliced turkey
- ½ pound sliced honey ham
- 6-8 slices Muenster cheese
- ½ – 1 cup Raspberry Jam/Preserves (I use seedless jam)
- Preheat oven to 375 F°. Unroll crescent roll dough from can and seperate into 4 rectangles by taking 2 triangles and pressing together to form rectangles.
- Melt butter and honey together then spread on top of each rectangle dough. Bake them for 8 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
- After cooled, Place 1st crust on pan and top with 5 slices of turkey. Top turkey with 2nd crust and add 5 slices of honey ham and 3 slices muenster cheese. Place 3rd crust on top of cheese. Spread raspberry jam on top of 3rd crust, and then place the 4th crust on top of jam.
- Repeat for second sandwich.
- Place both sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Slice each sandwich into quarters and serve. Enjoy!