Sweet BBQ Beef Sandwiches are filled with shredded beef, zesty barbecue sauce and a surprise ingredient that make these so delicious! Dinner has never been easier with these amazing sandwiches.
YOU’RE IN FOR A TREAT WITH THESE EASY BEEF SANDWICHES
I am thrilled to share one of my favorite childhood recipes today. My Mom would make these for Sunday dinners all the time, and I always looked forward to them. Sweet BBQ Beef Sandwiches are juicy, packed with flavor, and worth the time it takes to slowly cook the meat. An easy combination of barbecue sauce and root beer, yes root beer, creates the yummiest sauce ever that coats the shredded beef.
BACK THAT RUMP UP, AND COOK IT!
Most of the work that goes into preparing these sandwiches is all in the cook time. 10 hours is what you need, but it is worth it. Low and slow is the name of the game when cooking roast.
This recipe calls for 2 pounds of rump roast, so this recipe feeds 8 very hungry humans. If you’re hosting a dinner for a larger crowd then I recommend doubling the recipe. You will need a second slow cooker, so if you don’t have two you might have to knock on a neighbor’s door and invite them over for dinner!
SIMPLE AND SENSATIONAL
You might be asking, ‘How easy is it to throw everything together?’ All you need is five minutes to spare to mix all the following items together into a slow cooker:
- 2 Pounds of Rump Roast
- 12 Ounces of Root Beef – Use your favorite brand of Root Beer but do NOT use diet root beer. You need the sugar in regular soda to make these sweet and delicious.
- 1 (18 Ounce) Bottle of BBQ Sauce – I recommend using Sweet Baby Ray’s, but if you have a favorite brand, give it a try!
Once the beef is finished cooking, shred and serve on hamburger buns. I like to have a variety of chips on the side to serve with the sandwiches. The crunch adds a great contrast in texture. I like to throw a few potato chips on my sandwich for that little extra something special.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE OF MY FAVORITES!
BBQ Beef Brisket Sandwiches – Tender brisket that has been slow cooked and smothered in a tangy BBQ sauce served on a hoagie bun.
Grilled Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter – Delicious corn on the cob that has been grilled with a south of the border infused butter.
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs – Tender pieces of chicken that have been marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled with fresh chunks of pineapple and bell pepper.
Chili Cheeseburgers – Perfectly grilled burger patties smothered in chili and melted cheese.
Sweet BBQ Beef Sandwiches
- 2 pounds beef rump roast
- 12 ounces Root Beer soda (not diet)
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce (we enjoy Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce)
- 8 hamburger buns
- Place roast in the crock pot. Pour the root beer all over the roast. Cover with lid and cook on low heat 10 to 12 hours OR cook on High heat 7 to 8 hours.
- Carefully drain root beer from crock pot. Shred roast and remove any fat. Place shredded roast back in crock pot. Pour the barbecue sauce all over the meat. Stir. Cover with lid and cook 30 more minutes or until heated through.
- Serve in hamburger buns and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!