Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs are tender, marinated chicken pieces with fresh pineapple and green bell pepper. After they’re grilled to perfection, these will become your new backyard barbecue staple!
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs are absolutely delicious! With the grilling season coming soon I can’t think of a better thing to grill first.
These kebabs are so easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients: chicken breasts, green bell peppers, pineapple and a savory homemade teriyaki marinade.
You can have the chicken soaking in the marinade in no time at all. After it’s marinated just thread it onto skewers with bell peppers and pineapple, then grill to tender perfection!
Serve these kebabs as soon as they’re done and you and your guests will be left with nothing but rave reviews!
Because the skewers are grilled, they get that nice smoky flavor and slightly crisp outside that is absolutely to die for. That crispy outside pairs perfectly with the juicy pineapple and crunchy bell peppers, giving you a texture experience that is out of this world!
Keep in mind, this flavor and texture is only achieved by cooking something fresh off the grill, so be sure to dust off those grills and fire them up for these show-stopping Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs!
A FEW ALTERNATIVES
Want to spice things up a bit? Here is a few ways to add a little extra flare to your kebabs:
- Spiciness levels: love all things hot? Add in your favorite hot sauce to the chicken marinade or up the red pepper flake dosage!
- More color: if you’re looking for a bit more color or even just want more veggies, thread on some yellow, orange, or red bell peppers too!
- Onion: as well as more peppers, feel free to throw on some sliced red onion for that little extra something.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE A GRILL?
For those of you who don’t, no worries! Just use a grill pan on the stove top and grill those skewers until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
HOW LONG DO TERIYAKI CHICKEN KEBABS LAST?
If stored in an airtight container in the fridge they can last up to 3 days. If you’re really pushing it, you could try for four, but I wouldn’t go beyond that.
LOOKING FOR MORE GRILLING RECIPES? THESE ARE SURE TO NEVER DISAPPOINT!
Grilled Lemon Chicken: chicken packed full of lemon flavor and hints of garlic and onion.
Steak Kebabs: juicy steak and vibrant bell peppers grilled to smoky perfection!
Grilled Huli Huli Chicken: chicken thighs bursting with vibrant Hawaiian-inspired flavors.
Grilled Apricot Chicken: tender chicken thighs marinated in one delicious Apricot sauce!
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 green bell peppers, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut in 1-inch pieces
- FOR MARINADE:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Reserve 2/3 cup of the marinade to baste on kebabs after they're cooked.Add chicken pieces to the remaining marinade and stir to coat. Cover bowl tightly with a lid and place in the refrigerator. Let marinade for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Thread the marinated chicken, bell pepper and pineapple pieces onto 10 skewers.Grill kebabs on medium heat, with the grill lid closed, for 6 minutes per side OR until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve kebabs warm and enjoy!