I thought it was high time to share a good appetizer recipe, since Football season is in full swing. My hubby and I don’t really watch Football, but I’m sure many of you do! My hubby is a die-hard Motocross/ Supercross fan, so no Football at my house. (which I’m totally fine with! ha!) We do love the Super Bowl, though. We watch it every year and always have some delicious appetizers to enjoy it with. 🙂
Not only is this Layered Ranch Dip extremely simple to prepare, the absolute delicious creaminess and flavor is enough to make anyone swoon! This recipe is sort of similar to the ever-so-amazing and classic Seven Layer Dip, but with a little twist that has become my family’s new favorite! There are no refried beans in this recipe, and I promise, you won’t even miss them.
This dip has a thick and creamy layer of sour cream that’s been flavored with ranch seasoning, and topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, diced green chilies (hello, flavor!) tomatoes and olives. Scoop this up with some tortilla chips and you will be transported to heaven! 😀
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Corn Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and ranch salad dressing mix; spread into a large shallow dish. Layer with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, green chilies, olives and onion.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!