Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, this Oven Fried Chicken is so delicious and does not require any deep-frying!
We eat a lot of chicken at our house, so I’m always looking for new chicken dinner ideas. When I came across this recipe for oven-fried chicken I was intrigued and put it on the menu immediately. 🙂
The results were stellar! The crust was crispy and perfect on the outside, yet it was juicy and flavorful on the inside. My entire family ate it right up. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to throw together and was thankful it didn’t take a big oily mess to make it!
I served ours with a side of mashed potatoes, gravy and corn and we enjoyed every bit of our “Fried” Chicken dinner. It was lip-smackin’ good!
Oven Fried Chicken
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 3 strips
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Soak chicken in buttermilk for at least 1 hour or up to 12 hours. Preheat oven to 400 F°. Place the butter on a large baking sheet and place in the oven to melt. Once butter is melted, carefully remove the baking sheet from oven.
- Add flour, panko bread crumbs, seasoning salt, salt , pepper and paprika in a large ziplock bag. Add 3 pieces of chicken at a time and shake to coat.
- Place coated chicken strips, over the melted butter on the baking sheet. Be sure to leave spaces between each chicken strip. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, flip chicken with a pair of tongs, then bake another 10 to 12 minutes or until inside is cooked through. (165 degrees F.)
- Serve immediately and enjoy! ♥