Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is a delicious and hearty soup that is great for any season. This soup is easy to make and will feed an army!
If you have a large hungry family, and very little time to make dinner, this is the recipe for you! Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup is absolutely delicious and it makes a ton of food! This recipe is perfect for anyone who has little time and a ton of mouths to feed.
My little family may not be large in numbers, but I’ll tell you what, sometimes they can eat like they’re eating for two or three people! Especially with my growing boy. That little dude can put down some food. When I served this amazing soup for my family, they just about licked their bowls clean.
This soup is a great one for any season of the year. Whether it’s warm and the sun is shining, or you can see your breath when you’re outside, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup will hit the spot!
Another bonus with this recipe is that it takes only 10 minutes to assemble. Then set the slow cooker on low heat and wait for the delicious smell to permeate and fill your home. 🙂
CAN THIS BE MADE VEGETARIAN?
Yes! Omit the chicken for a vegetarian friendly soup.
CAN I USE ANOTHER MEAT?
You could try any type of beef, or try leftover pieces of turkey during the Thanksgiving season.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK?
This cooks on low heat for 4 hours. You can then turn it on the warm setting to keep it warm until you’re ready to serve.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE SOUPS THAT ARE GREAT ALL YEAR LONG!
Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup – A classic creamy soup filled with fresh broccoli, carrots, and cheddar cheese.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Soup – A healthy soup with a hint of coconut and lime for an added sweet heat.
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Soup – A bacon cheeseburger deconstructed and slowly cooked for this creamy irresistible soup.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup – This classic soup is filled with potatoes, bacon, and cheese for a satisfying meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet (1 ounce) low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili beans (or you can use pinto beans, just drain first.)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained then rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained then rinsed
- 2 cans (10 ounces, each) Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chiles), drained
- 1 ½ lbs. raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Grease the insert of a large 7 quart slow cooker. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except the chicken. Stir well to combine.Then place the raw chicken breasts in the bottom.
- Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees F.) Carefully remove chicken and shred on a clean butting board. Place back into slow cooker and stir to combine.Serve soup in individual bowls with your favorite toppings. We like cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, green onion, cilantro, etc. Enjoy!