S’mores Cookies are soft, chewy cookies that are filled with gooey marshmallows, rich chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. They have all the things you love about a classic s’more, minus the mess!
Dreaming of camping and some delicious s’mores, but don’t have the desire or time to pack up and go? Here’s a way to satisfy those cravings without the need for a campfire, or the hassle of getting you and your family to a campsite!
These S’mores Cookies are easy to make and are packed full of all the tasty ingredients of a traditional s’more. From the rich milk chocolate and gooey marshmallows to the graham crackers baked right into the batter, these cookies have it all!
You no longer have to worry about the struggle that comes with roasting a marshmallow over the fire or the sticky mess that follows. With these cookies, simply pop them into the oven for about 12 minutes, and before you know it you’ll have a warm, decadent cookie ready to be devoured. No more sticky mess with these! Your cravings are officially satisfied all from the comfort of your own home! 🙂
WAYS TO CUSTOMIZE S’MORES COOKIES
Want to make these cookies more of your own? Try some of these other options for some fun variations!
- Marshmallows: don’t want to use regular mini marshmallows? Go ahead and use the dehydrated Jet-Puffed mini marshmallows. They work just as well but give the cookies a little crunch that only adds to their greatness.
- Chocolate: why stick to just plain milk chocolate when there’s so many others to try? White chocolate, dark chocolate, or even cookies and cream chocolate would be delicious alternatives!
- Graham Crackers: if you’re an avid chocolate lover, you could swap out the traditional graham crackers for chocolate ones!
- Add-ins: to mix things up a bit, you could try adding in other candies to the batter! M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, normal Reese’s, or Kit Kats are all tasty options.
HOW LONG DO S’MORES COOKIES LAST?
If kept in an airtight container at room temperature, they can last up to 4 days!
CAN YOU FREEZE THE DOUGH?
Absolutely! Once you make the dough, roll it into balls and place onto a sheet pan in the freezer. Once they’ve completely froze, place them into an airtight container or Ziploc bag and return to the freezer for up to a month.
TRY OUT THESE OTHER TASTY S’MORES DESSERTS THAT DON’T REQUIRE A CAMPFIRE:
S’MORES CUPS: graham cracker crusts filled with marshmallow and chocolate that are then topped with a chocolate drizzle for good measure!
GOLDEN GRAHAMS S’MORES BARS: delicious bars filled with the classic cereal, marshmallows, and of course milk chocolate.
NO-BAKE S’MORES PUDDING CAKE: layers of graham crackers, chocolate pudding, and marshmallow goodness all in one no-bake cake!
S’MORES COOKIE BARS: these bars start out with a decadent homemade cookie crust that is topped with a thick layer of chocolate and marshmallow creme!
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and both sugars. Mix until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Whisk together until combined. (Using a whisk helps to sift the flour.)Slowly mix in these dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, on low speed, until the dough is combined.
- Fold in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.Using a 1.5 inch cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets. (try to cover the marshmallows with dough as best you can. If they're too exposed they'll melt.)Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!Yields: 18 cookies
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!