Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes are delicious and light as air. Topped with strawberries, glaze and whipped cream these cupcakes are the perfect treat.
Valentine’s Day is just right around the corner! It’s a very special holiday to me. It’s not just a romantic holiday I celebrate with my hubby, but we celebrate it with the kiddos too, so they feel extra special. Each year I have an ‘I Love You‘ dinner for my kids. I decorate our dinner table with flowers and balloons and let them pick what I make to eat that night. They absolutely love it. 🙂
For dessert I decided I’m going to make these Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes. They are so delicious and light as air. I use a white cake mix but add a couple extra special touches. Then top off each cupcake with strawberry glaze, fresh strawberries and of course whipped cream. They are divine!
Whenever I create a new recipe I’m always of thinking of ways to make it even better. (If that’s possible with these. lol) For all you chocolate lovers out there, drizzling some chocolate ganache over these would just make them all the more incredible!
MORE DELICIOUS CUPCAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- FOR STRAWBERRIES:
- 1 pound package fresh strawberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 box (16 ounces) white cake mix
- (+ egg whites, oil and water called for on box mix)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 container strawberry glaze
- Fresh whipped cream OR cool whip
- Clean strawberries with water. Pat dry with paper towels. Chop strawberries into small pieces and then place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle sugar over strawberries then gently stir. Cover bowl with lid and let strawberries soak in sugar for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place 24 cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
- Prepare cupcake batter according to package directions. Stir in vanilla extract. Divide batter evenly among liners. Using the 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar, sprinkle a pinch of sugar over the tops of batter in liners before baking. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Take each cupcake and pour 1 Tablespoon of strawberry glaze over the top. Spoon 1 Tablespoon of fresh strawberries over the glaze. Top with fresh whipped cream. Repeat for all cupcakes. Serve and enjoy!