Nothing says comfort food like this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti! It really is all the cheesy goodness you see in the picture, so it’s no surprise it’s my kids’ new favorite dinner. The only way I know that is from the silence that over came the dinner table as we ate. There were giant mouthfuls of spaghetti at all times, so it made for one quiet dinner 🙂 I love dinners like that!
This spaghetti recipe is super simple. Just a few convenient ingredients and you will be on your way to one family-pleasing dinner! The recipe is great as listed below, but I’m always thinking of ways to change things up. I’m weird like that. Adding some chopped green bell pepper, or even diced pimentos, would only make this more delicious!
- 1 pound (16 ounces) spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), drained
- Boil the spaghetti noodles in a large pot of water, according to package directions. Drain water.
- Meanwhile, In a large pot, add the velvet cheese and milk. Stir and cook over medium heat until cheese is almost melted. Pour in both cans of soups and the rotel tomatoes. Stir until mixture is combined. Continue to cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and cooked spaghetti noodles. Serve immediately in individual bowls.