Spaghetti Pie is tossed in four cheeses and a quick and easy homemade meat sauce. Pack it in a pie plate and bake for 20 minutes for an easy and incredible meal.
This delicious Spaghetti Pie is tossed in four cheeses and a quick and easy homemade meat sauce. Then you pack it in a pie plate and bake for 20 minutes. When you serve this up your family will be in awe! My kids have declared it their new favorite 🙂
It’s a rare occasion when my kids ask for seconds, and yep, they did with this one. I mean, most kids love spaghetti, but hardly do they ever ask for seconds. I’m sure your family will love this one, too! 🙂
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Spray a deep-dish pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Cook spaghetti noodles until al dente, in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned. Drain grease.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano to beef. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer 10 minutes.
- When noodles are done cooking, add the cream cheese to hot noodles and toss until cream cheese is almost melted. Stir in ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese to noodles. Stir in 2 cups of the meat sauce into the noodles.
- Pour mixture into the pie plate. Press noodles evenly into the pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup Mozzarella over the top.
- Bake @ 350° F. for 18 – 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Top each slice with meat sauce. Enjoy!
11 thoughts on “Spaghetti Pie”
Love love..my hubby will too. Thanks much.
What Temprature? We made this tonight and got it all ready and couldn’t find a temprature to cook at. So we went with good old 350 degrees.
Yes, it’s 350 degrees F. I just fixed it, thanks for letting me know! 🙂
This looks YUM with the ricotta in it! May just be the next lasagna! Thanks for sharing!
Ijust made this for dinner tonight and it was delicous.
Sounds like a baked ziti only made with spaghetti pasta.
My grandmother made it a little bit differently and It’s my go to recipe all the time.
She would butter the bottom of the pie plate, then put cottage cheese on the bottom of it in a thin, even layer(which sounds strange, but it helps keep the spaghetti moist and prevents it from burning). Then the cooked spaghetti, is tossed with 2 eggs, butter and parm. cheese. Then, it is pressed into 2 pie plates, forming a hole in the middle of the spaghetti(pressing the spaghetti outward-like a nest-leaving a indentation or hole in the middle if it- The meat mixture is then spooned in the indentation or hole of the spaghetti. Bake (uncovered) for 30 minutes or till heated thru. Top with shredded mozzarella, and bake(uncovered) till cheese is melted and bubbly.
I have also put zucchini chunks in the meat mixture , sometimes I use ground sausage or ground turkey instead of the beef. This recipe makes 2 pies
Fabulous! Nice change from usual spaghetti. Used our favorite jar sauce. Turned out great. Will make again! Loving this blog.
Thank you, Erin!
I love the idea of a spaghetti pie, its a first for me. does this work for any pasta type?
Christopher, I haven’t tried it with anything other than traditional spaghetti noodles..