Spaghetti Pie is tossed in four cheeses and a quick and easy homemade meat sauce. Pack it in a pie plate and bake for 20 minutes for an easy and incredible meal.
This delicious Spaghetti Pie is tossed in four cheeses and a quick and easy homemade meat sauce. Then you pack it in a pie plate and bake for 20 minutes. When you serve this up your family will be in awe! My kids have declared it their new favorite 🙂
It’s a rare occasion when my kids ask for seconds, and yep, they did with this one. I mean, most kids love spaghetti, but hardly do they ever ask for seconds. I’m sure your family will love this one, too! 🙂
Servings 4 - 6
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Spray a deep-dish pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Cook spaghetti noodles until al dente, in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned. Drain grease.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and oregano to beef. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer 10 minutes.
- When noodles are done cooking, add the cream cheese to hot noodles and toss until cream cheese is almost melted. Stir in ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese to noodles. Stir in 2 cups of the meat sauce into the noodles.
- Pour mixture into the pie plate. Press noodles evenly into the pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and 1/4 cup Mozzarella over the top.
- Bake @ 350° F. for 18 - 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Top each slice with meat sauce. Enjoy!