Basil pesto and chicken stuffing gives this Italian Chicken and Stuffing Bake extra flavor. This recipe is a family favorite!
I have another super delicious chicken dish to share today! I honestly can’t believe I haven’t blogged about this one yet. We love this. It’s an actual staple in my house. 🙂
The flavor the basil pesto gives this is just so good, and the stuffing on top makes it extra delicious! I like to make this in the Fall and Winter months, when it’s cold outside, and we’re wanting a comforting meal! Serve it up with a vegetable and some warm garlic bread and your family will be in dinner heaven!
Italian Chicken & Stuffing Bake
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 oz.) package Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- ½ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- ⅓ cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 cup KRAFT 2% Milk Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine diced tomatoes, stuffing mix, water and garlic. Stir together until stuffing is moistened.
- Lay chicken pieces in a single layer in the prepared baking pan. Spread the basil pesto over the tops of chicken. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the chicken.Top with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve and enjoy!