Stuffing is one of the Thanksgiving side dishes I always look forward to. I love the flavor, the texture. It just rounds out the turkey dinner so perfectly. I’m not even ashamed to admit we enjoy stuffing from a good ol’ box of Stove Top sometimes. I think it’s completely delicious and appreciate the fact it’s a cinch to make.
Speaking of Stove Top I took some to the next level when I made this Cheesy Stuffing Casserole. It’s loaded with broccoli, corn and gooey cheese. Mmmmm. The flavors combined are so incredible and it’s a fun alternative to traditional stuffing all by itself.
Of course, this is not a side dish I make on a weekly basis for dinner, but it sure is something I’m proud to make on Thanksgiving and you will be too if you give it a try. 😉
Be sure to add this to your feast next week!
Cheesy Stuffing Casserole
A delicious stuffing casserole loaded with broccoli, corn and cheese!
- 1 (6 oz.) box stuffing mix (chicken or turkey)
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 (10 oz.) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (10 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed (OR 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions.
- Pour frozen broccoli and frozen corn in the prepared baking dish. Pour cream of chicken soup over the vegetables and stir together to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Dot the top of vegetables evenly with the cubed Velveeta cheese.
- Place stuffing evenly over the top. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully remove hot foil. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!