Layers of seasoned chicken, creamy soup and stuffing all come together in this delicious Chicken and Stuffing Bake! This recipe has been a family favorite for years.
Hello, friends! I need to tell you all about this Chicken and Stuffing Bake. It’s a recipe my Mom has made for years. It is so delicious and was definitely in my top 5 favorite dinners Mom would make for us. Layers of seasoned chicken, creamy chicken soup and stuffing come together in this comforting dish.
You may already have your own version of this classic but I wanted to share the way I’ve made it through the years. First of all, I don’t use pre-cooked chicken like most of the recipes out there. I think it comes out way too dry. It’s so easy to just cook the chicken right along with everything else. It saves a lot of time and energy.
Another thing I wanted to mention is the alternative to using the canned condensed soups. I am not opposed to using them at all, but I know many are, so luckily I have a homemade version on my blog that equals two soup cans. It is a perfect replacement to use and it is really really good. It will just take you an extra 20 minutes or so to prepare then entire thing.
Click this link here –> CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP or the link below the recipe card. 😀
I hope you all enjoy this one as much as we do! I like to serve a side of broccoli or corn with it and it makes one delicious dinner!
Chicken & Stuffing Bake
My Mom has been making this easy and delicious dinner for years! It's always been a family favorite. 🙂
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 10.75 ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup (see my recipe below this card for my homemade cream of chicken soup)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 6 ounce box Stove Top Chicken Stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into one inch pieces. Lay out evenly in the bottom of prepared dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the condensed soups and milk. Pour mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle dry stuffing mix evenly over the top. Pour chicken broth over the stuffing mix- making sure to get as much of it covered as possible.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!