Tuscan Garlic Chicken is one of my favorite ways to make incredible creamy Italian chicken. This chicken recipe is packed with undeniable flavor and best served with pasta!
My hubby and I love Olive Garden. We like to eat there when we get a rare date night or for special occasions. This amazing Tuscan Garlic Chicken used to be one of my favorite things to get there, until they stopped serving it. So I was pretty dang excited when I saw this recipe posted on their website! 🙂
The chicken is breaded and pan-fried, then drenched with an alfredo-type cream sauce that is packed with flavor. I love the spinach and bell peppers in it. It makes for one flavorful dish! We loved this homemade version so much. I can’t wait to make it again!
Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1½ cups flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ lb whole leaf spinach, stemmed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF.
- In a shallow plate or bowl combine 1½ cups flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Dredge chicken in the mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts, 2 at a time, over medium-high heat until golden brown and crisp (2-3 min on each side). Add more oil for each batch as necessary.
- Place cooked chicken breasts on a baking sheet and transfer to preheated oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for approximately 1 minute. Stir in 1 Tablespoon flour, chicken broth, spinach and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in Parmesan cheese until it melts. Sauce is done when spinach becomes wilted and sauce has thickened.
- Plate portions of cooked, drained pasta on individual plates. Top with sauce, then top with chicken and more sauce. Serve and enjoy!