Now that I work from home I love getting to experiment more with breakfast recipes. Breakfast was usually something I could only make on the weekends because of my job. Now that my mornings are more free (besides getting the kiddos ready and off to school) I’m having fun with these recipes!
I made these Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins when my kids stayed home from school because of a snow day. We live in Southern Utah where we don’t get too much snow, and so when we get a little snow fall that’s only a couple inches the county calls off school. lol 😀 It’s pretty funny, but I don’t mind. I’m a wimp that hates to drive in it, so I was happy the kids got to stay home with me.
These banana muffins turned out so moist and have a perfect banana flavor. I especially love the milk chocolate chips through out. So delicious! Definitely a new favorite around here. When the kids came in from playing in the snow they each had one, and ate it in 5.3 seconds. 🙂 I’m excited to make these again, and experiment with other flavors, too!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, egg, vanilla, melted butter, and milk in a medium bowl.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute the muffin mixture evenly into the 12 muffin liners.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.