Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwich Cake has layers of ice cream sandwiches, chocolate and Cool Whip. It’s topped with fresh fruit just like a classic banana split!
When my sister and I lived in Arizona we would come up to Utah and visit our family at least once a month. Mom would go all out and make an amazing family dinner for us. I always looked forward to it. One of the things I loved the most were her desserts. She used to make these delicious ice cream sandwich cakes. Everyone loved them!
I called her last week when I was grocery shopping and asked her how she made those yummy cakes. It had been so long, she couldn’t really remember, so that’s how this little beauty was born.
As I was chattin’ with Mom we came up with this Banana Split version. It has two layers of ice cream sandwiches, with fresh strawberries, bananas and pineapple packed in between. I let it freeze overnight to ensure it would be nice and frozen.
When it was time to dig in, I served it with drizzles of chocolate sauce and caramel and finished it with some cool whip and a cherry on top. Needless to say, it was a huge hit with my hubs and kids! 🙂
MORE DELICIOUS ICE CREAM RECIPES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A MACHINE:
Banana Split Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 19 vanilla Ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip thawed
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 1-2 bananas sliced
- 1 small can crushed pineapple drained
- Cool whip thawed
- chocolate syrup
- caramel sauce
- Mix together the cool whip and the 1/4 cup chocolate syrup. Set aside.
- Line 9 1/2 ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Spread half of the cool whip mixture over the top. Spread half of the strawberries and sliced banana over the cool whip layer, spreading out evenly. Drop tiny spoonfuls of crushed pineapple over the top.
- Line another layer of 9 1/2 ice cream sandwiches over the top of the fruit layer. Pressing down gently to pack in. Spread the remaining cool whip mixture over those sandwiches and then repeat another fruit layer. Tightly cover dish with saran wrap and freeze for atleast 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve with drizzles of chocolate sauce, caramel, cool whip and cherries! Enjoy!