Taco seasoned chicken is served over a homemade Alfredo sauce and pasta with a southwestern twist. This Chicken Taco Alfredo is sure to become a family favorite!
It’s Jodi from 5 Boys Baker and I have the yummiest pasta dish to share today. We are huge pasta fans at our house and especially when the word “Alfredo” is in front of it. I mean, who doesn’t love anything covered in a sauce made with butter, whipping cream and Parmesan cheese? 😀
This Chicken Taco Alfredo has been a huge hit with my family. They love tacos and they love Alfredo sauce, so combining the two is the best of both worlds. I could probably make this weekly and I’d be the coolest mom ever!
There are so many reasons I love this dish. It’s simple to make without crazy ingredients, and it’s one of those one-pot meals (well, I guess it’s more of a two-pot meal) and it’s crazy delicious.
You can adjust the level of heat by the salsa you use. I usually use my homemade salsa, which isn’t super-hot. You could even throw in a can of black beans if you’d like.
If you love family-friendly meals that can be thrown together in minutes, then you’ve come to the right place today.
MORE PASTA RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Chicken Taco Alfredo
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup salsa (mild or medium heat)
- 8 ounces Campanelle or Penne pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
- Fresh cilantro
- Additional Parmesan for sprinkling
- Sprinkle both sides of each chicken breast with the taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat. Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the pan and cook about 5 minutes on each side, turning only once (you want both sides to be seared nicely and have a crispy, golden browned crust). Remove chicken from the pan and place on a plate, cover with foil.
- To the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add the butter and melt over medium-low heat. Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking to incorporate all the seasonings and browned bits from the chicken. Whisk constantly and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese and salsa, stir until combined. Stir in the cooked pasta and carefully mix until pasta is well coated, reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes for the pasta to absorb the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Remove chicken from the foil covered plate, slice into strips. Place the sliced chicken on top of the pasta and sprinkle with cilantro and extra Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by: 5 Boys Baker.com
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!