A warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie baked in a mini skillet. This Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is simple to make and so delicious. Serve it with vanilla ice cream on top for one incredible treat!
I am so happy today! Kelsey is being released from the hospital and will be home in just a few hours, so we are pretty excited around here. 🙂 I got home early to set up our playroom with a cozy bed, pillows and books for her. It will be so nice to have her home with us again. Kallen and Emma are going to be thrilled to see their big sis when they get home from school!
Okay- so lets get down to some food business. We need to talk about this CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE! 😉 Have you ever had a skillet cookie? I sure hope so. They are heavenly! A warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie baked in a mini skillet. They are TOO easy to make and so delicious. You can make them in a regular size cast iron skillet for a crowd OR make this mini version and have it all to yourself!
There is a popular pizza place here in St. George called, “Pizza Factory.” I grew up eating their amazing pizzas and breadsticks. They have a dessert on their menu called, “Never on Sundae.” Which is a chocolate chip skillet cookie just like the one I’m sharing today. They place scoops of vanilla ice cream over the warm cookie and drizzle lots of caramel and chocolate sauce on top. It is my most favorite dessert on the planet!
MORE COOKIE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 to 2
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup + 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a mini 6-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray or oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together melted butter and both sugars. Stir in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. (Batter will be a consistency like cake batter) Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet. Spread out evenly. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzles of caramel and chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: FIT MITTEN KITCHEN