Creamy Confetti Corn takes boring creamed corn to a whole new level. It’s packed with flavor from all the veggies, bacon and more!
This week I’ll be sharing a new recipe every day! First up, this Creamy Confetti Corn. This corn is oh so good! 🙂
Creamy Confetti Corn takes boring creamed corn to a whole new level. It’s packed with flavor from all the veggies and the bacon. Oh, man. And the cream cheese, it gives this side dish 5 stars! My whole family ate this up in no time.
Creamy Confetti Corn
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 12 oz. bags frozen corn kernels
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 Tablespoons half and half or milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Set cooked bacon on a paper-towel lined plate to soak up grease. Once cool to handle, chop bacon in bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Discard grease from skillet. Add corn, onion and bell pepper. Cook over medium heat until corn is thoroughly heated (about 10 minutes).
- Add cream cheese and half n' half (or milk) to skillet. Stir until cream cheese is melted and combined into the corn mixture.
- Stir in sugar, pepper and salt. Top with the chopped bacon and green onion. Serve warm.