I know what you’re thinking. ‘Really Holly? A corn recipe?’ Or maybe you’re not and I’m just paranoid. Ha! But I had to share this recipe. It comes from my favorite cookbook ever, “The Food Nanny.” Her recipes never disappoint!
This Parmesan Creamed Corn is pretty much amazing. It really livens up boring old corn into something truly delicious. The creamy Parmesan mixture makes this absolutely addicting. I love how the top gets a cheesy crust. Oohh it’s so good. I can never have just one serving. That’s why I usually only make it on holidays or special dinners. It isn’t the healthiest recipe in the world, but it sure is tasty!
Oh, and of course my favorite part with recipes like this- it is easy peasy. 😀
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook corn according to the package directions and set aside. (I like to buy the microwavable bags!)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Turn heat to low and add sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked corn.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Pour the corn mixture into a small greased casserole or baking dish that can go under the broiler. Top evenly with Parmesan cheese. Broil until hot and bubbly. (watch closely the entire time!) Serve warm and enjoy!