This Parmesan Creamed Corn is creamy and so delicious. It takes boring corn to a whole new level with the cheesy Parmesan flavor!
Parmesan Creamed Corn is creamy and so delicious. It takes boring corn to a whole new level with the cheesy Parmesan flavor!
This recipe has become one of my go-to side dishes on holidays. It pairs perfectly with a good honey ham or Thanksgiving turkey. The Parmesan cheese and the heavy cream gives this corn a deep richness that is absolutely terrific!
I love how the top gets a cheesy crust. Oh it’s so good. I can never have just one serving. That’s another reason why I typically only make it on holidays or for special dinners. It isn’t the healthiest recipe in the world, but it sure is tasty!
Oh, and of course my favorite part is with recipes like this- it is easy peasy. 😀
LOVE THIS PARMESAN CREAMED CORN? TRY THESE OTHER CORN FAVORITES:
Parmesan Creamed Corn
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook corn according to the package directions and set aside. (I like to buy the microwavable bags!)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook until bubbly, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in the cream and milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens. Turn heat to low and add sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in cooked corn.
- Preheat the broiler to low. Pour the corn mixture into a small greased casserole or baking dish that can go under the broiler. Top evenly with Parmesan cheese. Broil until hot and bubbly. (watch closely the entire time!) Serve warm and enjoy!