This summer I’ve had a small obsession with corn. And when I say small- we bake or grill it atleast a few times a week. 😀 I can’t get enough of the flavor and the texture is like nothing else. When you grill it the outside of the corn gets a little charred and crispy, and the inside becomes so tender and juicy. It’s like a party in your mouth. A party our taste buds have enjoyed a lot lately! 😉
I came across this recipe for Summer Corn Salad a few weeks ago and knew I had to give it a try. It turned out phenomenal! SO much flavor and deliciousness. Among the corn are bell peppers, tomato, red onion and fresh cilantro. Yum! The squeeze of lime juice and a seasoning of salt and pepper make this salad a summer must-make. It is truly a winner!
Summer Corn Salad
A fresh summer salad loaded with grilled corn and lots of veggies!
- 5 ears Corn, baked, boiled or grilled
- 1 Tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 1 green Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh Cilantro (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Remove cooked corn kernels with a knife and place in large bowl. Add diced tomato, onion, and bell pepper. Toss to combine. Add lime juice and olive oil. Stir in cilantro then season with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!