Before I start telling you all how delicious this BLT Pasta Salad is, I want to say Thank You for your super sweet comments and get-well wishes about me not feeling good. I ended up in the ER Monday morning because of how much pain I was in. My husband was at work and the kids were in school, so it was kind of lonely being in there by myself. But I’m a tough cookie and braved through. 😉 They ran a bunch of blood work and I had a Nuclear Medicine HIDA scan to see if it was my gallbladder. Everything ended up coming back normal, thankfully, so they seem to think it’s an ulcer. I started some medicine that day so I’m hoping it kicks in soon.
Okay, let’s get on with the food. This BLT Pasta Salad is woooonderful. Oh it’s so good. It’s like a BLT sandwich, without the bread, broken down into one heck of a pasta salad. The original recipe calls for mayo. You all know I despise mayo, so I replaced it with ranch dressing. It gave it amazing flavor. You could also add some chopped grilled chicken to this as well to serve as a main course. This baby will make an appearance at many picnics and cookouts this Summer!
BLT Pasta Salad
This bacon, lettuce and tomato pasta salad will be the star side dish at your cookouts and picnics!
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 Tablespoon barbecue sauce
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Then rinse pasta under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, tomato, bacon and pasta.
- Drizzle the ranch dressing and barbecue sauce over the top. Gently toss to coat evenly. Season with pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy!