I love a good pasta salad. A fresh and flavorful pasta salad at that, but without mayo. I know, I’m weird, but mayo just ain’t my thang. I need more flavor, I think that’s why I love ranch dressing or Caesar dressing on my sandwiches or pasta salads, like this one.
The flavors going on inside this Trip Color Pasta Salad are divine. It’s coated in Caesar dressing and basil pesto (so good!) and tossed with all kinds of deliciousness; tomatoes, black olives, red onion and Parmesan cheese. It really is amazing. 🙂
We served this at our 4th of July BBQ. I was too busy scarfing it down myself to notice if everyone loved it, but there was hardly any left after the party, so I’m pretty sure it was a hit! 😀
Tri Color Pasta Salad
Author: Life in the Lofthouse
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 (12 ounce) box tri-color Rotini pasta
- ⅔ cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 4 Tablespoons basil pesto
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 5 basil leaves, cut into strips
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain water and place cooked pasta in a large bowl. Toss with the creamy Caesar dressing while warm. Add the rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.