Egg muffins are a great way to start your day off right. They’re healthy, packed with protein and very delicious!
Happy New Year to everyone! These egg muffins are a great way to start your new year off right. They’re healthy, packed with protein and very delicious!
I’m joining the bandwagon, as I do every January 1st, and vowing to lose a few pounds gained over the holidays. Another vow is to eat breakfast every morning. (Yep, I have been known to skip it, and turn into a big mean hungry grouch by 11 a.m) Plus, I know that eating breakfast is so important for a fast metabolism and will prevent over-eating later in the day.
These egg muffins can be made with any type of veggies and meat you would like. Of course, you can add a little cheese too. I skipped out on the cheese this time, but think I’ll definitely add some the next time.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced Ham
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup Red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until just combined. Stir in ham, chives, bell pepper and cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly to each 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is set. Let cool 5 minutes, then using a knife, loosen up the edges of each muffin and carefully remove. Serve and enjoy ♥
Makes 12 egg muffins. Serves 3-4