Egg muffins are a great way to start your day off right. They’re healthy, packed with protein and very delicious!
Happy New Year to everyone! These egg muffins are a great way to start your new year off right. They’re healthy, packed with protein and very delicious!
I’m joining the bandwagon, as I do every January 1st, and vowing to lose a few pounds gained over the holidays. Another vow is to eat breakfast every morning. (Yep, I have been known to skip it, and turn into a big mean hungry grouch by 11 a.m) Plus, I know that eating breakfast is so important for a fast metabolism and will prevent over-eating later in the day.
These egg muffins can be made with any type of veggies and meat you would like. Of course, you can add a little cheese too. I skipped out on the cheese this time, but think I’ll definitely add some the next time.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced Ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup Red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until just combined. Stir in ham, chives, bell pepper and cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly to each 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg is set. Let cool 5 minutes, then using a knife, loosen up the edges of each muffin and carefully remove. Serve and enjoy ♥
7 thoughts on “Egg Muffins”
These yummy egg muffins are perfect to serve to a brunch crowd!
You can also freeze them for when you don’t have time to make breakfast. They aren’t as good as fresh, but they’re better than pop-tarts.
They look de-lish like always Holly! I was wondering about freezing, I’ll give it a try.
Oh I love these things…thanks for reminding me of them. I’m ‘on the wagon’ along with you….only I have more than ‘just a few’ lbs. to lose…they all come off the same…one at a time huh? Happy 2013 to you and yours!
That looks absolutely delicious!
Happy New Year!!!
I love egg muffins and will definitely be giving this recipe a try! Our recipe has heavy cream in them, so these are probably healthier 🙂
Made these today–delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I’m in search of good breakfast ideas for school mornings. These made the list!