Peach Crisp starts with a bottom layer of flaky, buttery pastry and sweet peach filling. It’s then covered in a crumbly oatmeal streusel topping. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it’s a match made in dessert heaven!
Peach Crisp is one of my favorite summer desserts. I know I’m a little early talking about summer, but I am ready for some warm sunshine, lots of swimming, and peach crisp for dessert!
This peach crisp starts with a bottom layer of flaky, buttery pastry you bake first. Then you top it with warm and sweet peach filling. Yum. Top it with a crumbly oatmeal streusel topping and it is all a match made right in heaven!
When it’s summer time, and peaches are in season, I like to use fresh peaches. During the fall months I use canned peaches and it still tastes incredible!
One of my favorite ways to enjoy peach crisp is with a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s seriously amazing and just finishes off this delicious dessert to perfection! 🙂
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Vanilla Ice Cream, to serve with
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry-cutter until crumbly. Spread mixture into a greased 2 quart baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Meanwhile, drain the peaches and reserve juice in a small saucepan. Stir in sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches. Pour peach mixture over crust.
- For topping, combine the oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes to cool slightly then serve in individual bowls. Top each serving with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!