This Pumpkin Pie Cheese Ball is creamy and delicious, just like the traditional fall pie. It’s perfect to serve at any holiday party!
We all know Halloween is my fave. I talk about it way too much. haha. Sorry about that. But it truly is so fun to me. I love that it’s that one time of year you can become whatever you want for one night and eat all the candy! 😉
For the past 8 years my family has thrown a yearly Halloween party and they are such a blast. We take turns at who’s home it will be at. Everyone’s costume is also a surprise. We all show up dressed to the nines and laugh so hard at each others costumes.
Unfortunately, this is the first year we all can’t figure out which night is going to work for everyone. So were still not sure if it will even happen. That totally bums be out. What doesn’t bum me out is this PUMPKIN PIE CHEESE BALL I made last week. It is creamy and delicious, you guys. And it would be perfect for any fall get-together!
This pumpkin cheese ball was super fun to make and even funner to eat! I covered mine in black and white chocolate chips and that made it extra yummy. You could really dip anything you’d like in it. I chose ginger snaps and they were awesome. SO GOOD!
Pumpkin Pie Cheese Ball
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- SERVE WITH: cookies ginger snaps, apple slices, etc.
- Add cream cheese and butter to a large bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat together until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and brown sugar. Blend well to combine. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Spoon mixture onto plastic wrap in a ball shape. The mixture is wet so it won't quite be a ball but do your best to make a ball or pumpkin shape. Wrap mixture tightly with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours (or until firm.)
- Remove from freezer. Let cheese ball stand at room temperature for 15 minutes to slightly soften. (This will help chocolate chips stick to it.) Unwrap the top part of cheese ball. Invert onto a large platter then remove rest of plastic wrap. Gently press both chocolate chips onto cheese ball. Once chips are covering top and sides of ball you can gently squeeze sides to help form it better in a "ball" or "pumpkin" shape.
- Serve immediately with cookies, graham crackers or apple slices.
- OR if serving later, freeze cheese ball, covered, on platter until ready to serve. Remove from freezer at least 1 hour before serving to let soften.
Recipe adapted from: THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING