Red Velvet Pancakes are bright red pancakes that are easy to make and so delicious. They are light and fluffy with an incredible cream cheese glaze to drizzle over the tops!
Red Velvet is one of my favorite dessert flavors. I love the hint of cocoa that is never overpowering. And the bright red color just gets me every time. 😉
These Red Velvet Pancakes are one of my favorite recipes. It’s a really simple recipe to prepare and the results are the fluffiest, yummiest pancakes around. The cream cheese glaze you drizzle over the tops only adds to their deliciousness!
I first made these pancakes about 3 years ago for Valentine’s Day breakfast and my kids fell in-love at first bite! Ever since then they have become a Valentines Day tradition.
This recipe makes a lot, so it’s great when your kids are asking for second and third helpings. haha. And believe me, they do every time I make these.
These Red Velvet Pancakes would also be perfect to serve on Christmas as well. Not only are they so good, but they’re absolutely beautiful too!
MORE PANCAKE RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
Red Velvet Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup salted butter melted
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine buttermilk, sugar, eggs, red food coloring, vanilla and melted butter. Whisk to combine. Slowly add this liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick spray or butter griddle. Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto the center of hot griddle. Cook until bubbles start to appear then flip carefully onto the other side. Cook until pancake is cooked through. About a minute or so. Repeat with batter for all pancakes.
- Serve pancakes warm with cream cheese glaze and enjoy every bite!
- FOR CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- Add softened cream cheese and butter to a medium mixing bowl. Using an electric hand-mixer beat together until combined. Slowly beat in powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until it is all mixed together and creamy. Serve over pancakes.
*You can easily double the cream cheese glaze if you want extra.
Recipe slightly adapted from: Cooking Classy
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
OR SHARE IT ON FACEBOOK!