Okay, my friends. I have a last minute easy dessert idea for Christmas! And yes, it’s another red velvet recipe. 😀 These are Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies and they are my new best friends.
I was scrolling through Facebook the other morning and saw a video on how to make these awesome cookies. It was perfect timing because my sister had just told me the day before that I was in charge of a dessert for our Christmas eve party. It was truly meant to be, I’m tellin’ ya. 🙂
These cookies are so dang good, and so simple to make. I love that they call for a cake mix to make life easier. Hallelujah. They are soft, chewy and red velvet deliciousness!
- 1 (16 oz.) box Red Velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and melted butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Batter will be thick.
- In a separate small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake one pan at a time for 9 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool completely before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!