It is a very special day in the Lofthouse home. It’s our sweet little Kallen’s 6th birthday today! 😀 I still can’t believe he’s 6. Sometimes it feels as though I gave birth to him yesterday. When people tell you your kids will grow up fast, they are not joking.
I thought I would make Kallen an extra special blog post with one of his favorite things ever- pancakes. That kid loves him some good ol’ pancakes and waffles. When he saw me making these FUNFETTI PANCAKES for him he was sooo excited. He dove right into the stack of 4 and loved every bite!
These pancakes are so delicious. They’re light, fluffy and taste like birthday cake with a hint of pancake flavor. 🙂 The kiddos will go nuts over all the sprinkles! They are so perfect and fun for special celebrations. I think serving these on birthday mornings will be a new tradition in our home!
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2½ cups milk
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cake mix. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together oil, eggs and milk. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Stir in sprinkles. Batter will be thick. You can add more milk to thin it out, if desired.
- Heat a griddle over medium-low heat. Grease with cooking spray. Ladle the pancake batter onto the hot pan and cook pancakes for about 2 minutes on each side.
- FOR FROSTING: In a medium bowl, whisk together all the frosting ingredients until creamy and combined. Thin with more milk, as needed.
- Drizzle frosting over warm pancakes. Serve immediately and enjoy!