Shrimp Taco Bites are little pieces of appetizer heaven. They are perfect finger-foods for any holiday party or football Sunday!
The shrimp are soaked in my favorite Honey Lime Shrimp marinade, then quickly pan fried. Place the shrimp on a scoop tortilla chip with some sour cream and guacamole. Easy peasy and so delicious. Everyone will love these! 😀
Shrimp Taco Bites
- 24 large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails-off
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- juice of 2 small limes
- zest of one lime
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 24 scoops tortilla chips
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 large ripe avacado, diced
- 1 cup salsa
- fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag. Once combined, add the shrimp. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal shut. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in skillet with half of the marinade. (Discard remaining marinade.) Cook shrimp for 2 minutes. Flip over and cook on other side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and curled. Remove from heat.
- Take one scoop tortilla chip and top with 1 teaspoon sour cream, and 1 teaspoon avacado. Place one cooked shrimp over the top. Top with a little salsa and cilantro, if desired. Repeat.