Warm up this winter with Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup! This soup is delicious, comforting and conveniently all made in the slow cooker!
Have I mentioned lately how much I love my slow cooker? haha. I know I say it ALL the time, but it’s so true. The time and headaches it saves me during dinner time is tremendous. And all the things you can cook in it is crazy. Crazy in a good way! 😉
There are many slow cooker recipes that have other steps you have to do outside of the slow cooker. Not that it bothers me at all but I know for some it does. Luckily, with this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe everything is done in the slow cooker. The noodles are even cooked right inside!
This soup turned out creamy, dreamy and so delicious. All the different textures from the carrots, peas, chicken and noodles made it so good. My kids chowed right down on this too. I think I’m going to make a tradition out of this lovely soup. When we’re sick, when it’s freezing cold outside, or just any ol’ time I feel like an amazing bowl of goodness, this is what I’m making.
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 cups chicken broth divided
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled then sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces dried egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a large (6 to 8 quart) slow cooker.Stir in 6 cups of the chicken broth. Then add chopped onion, carrots, rosemary and bay leaf. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
- Carefully, remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining cup of chicken broth, flour and heavy cream.
- Carefully pour shredded chicken and cream mixture into the slow cooker. Gently stir in egg noodles and peas. Cover with lid again and cook on low heat for an additional 30 to 60 minutes, or until noodles are tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!
6 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup”
Looks so good! Thank you for sharing!
I’ve never made a chicken noodle soup on a slow cooker before, so I must say I’m really curious to try it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
i just made this soup its simply amaaazing,but i used mutton instead of chicken ,Thanks for sharing
I made this the other day my husband was no feeling to well coming down with a cold. When it was in the crockpot he said what are you cooking I said a new recipe from Life in the lofthouse. He responded oh that will be so good coming from life in the lifehouse we enjoy all of Holly’s recipes. I don’t think we have had a bad one yet of all her recipes that she has posted and you had made. So Holly thank you for always sharing. It was delicious..
Marlene, that is the sweetest, kindest comment ever. Thank you so much! It means a lot to hear from kind people like you! xo