All the textures inside this Apple Bacon and Gorgonzola Salad are incredible. Slices of apple, crispy bacon and the creamy balsamic vinaigrette make it over the top delicious!
This delicious Apple Bacon and Gorgonzola Salad is a new favorite of mine and I believe will become yours too! Slices of apple, crispy bacon and Gorgonzola cheese are among some of the deliciousness inside. Of course the dressing always makes that final touch and this Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette does just that. I’m normally not the biggest vinaigrette dressings fan but this one changed my mind. It is so yummy!
All the textures inside of this make it extra special. The crunchy bacon, soft Gorgonzola cheese and the creamy vinaigrette. Oh, it is so good. This salad makes for an incredibly awesome lunch or dinner. I can also see this being served as a side salad with any holiday meal. I think everyone will really love it!
Apple, Bacon & Gorgonzola Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette
Servings 2 -4
- 1 12 oz. bag Spring salad mix
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce rinsed then chopped
- 6 slices Applewood smoked bacon cooked then crumbled (or you can use the packaged pre-cooked bacon pieces)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large Granny Smith apple sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
SWEET BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard or a squeeze of dijon mustard
- Few twists of freshly cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- FOR VINAIGRETTE: Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined. It takes a couple minutes. Pour dressing over the top of salad and gently toss again. Serve immediately and enjoy!