Hiya friends! How is everyone feeling today? Never mind. Don’t answer that. lol I am staying off Facebook for the rest of the day, or I guess until after I share this amazing salad recipe over there. Other than that, it’s just too much for me to handle seeing friends and family fighting over the election results. To be fully honest I was not happy with either candidate. I thought our country could’ve done better. But I do love this country and I am proud to be an American. No matter who our President is.
Okay, no more politics. Let’s bring on the food! 🙂 This salad is a new favorite of mine and I believe will become yours too! Slices of apple, crispy bacon and Gorgonzola cheese are among some of the deliciousness inside. Of course the dressing always makes that final touch and this Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette does just that. I’m normally not the biggest vinaigrette fan but this one changed my mind. It is delicious!
This salad makes for an incredibly yummy lunch or dinner. I can also see this being served as a side salad with our Thanksgiving meal. I think everyone is really going to love it!
Apple, Bacon & Gorgonzola Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 (12 oz.) bag Spring salad mix
- 2 hearts Romaine lettuce, rinsed then chopped
- 6 slices Applewood smoked bacon, cooked then crumbled (or you can use the packaged pre-cooked bacon pieces)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, sliced
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- ½ cup Gorgonzola cheese
SWEET BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard (or a squeeze of dijon mustard)
- Few twists of freshly cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- FOR VINAIGRETTE: Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk together until combined. It takes a couple minutes. Pour dressing over the top of salad and gently toss again. Serve immediately and enjoy!