Tacos aren’t just for dinner anymore. These Bacon and Queso breakfast tacos are incredible and loaded with flavor. They may just become your new favorite way to enjoy tacos!
My friends, boy do I have a Taco Tuesday recipe for you! Let me introduce to you my BACON & QUESO BREAKFAST TACOS! Aka. my latest creation that was lip-smackin’ amazing!!
I love me a good taco. And I’ll eat them anytime of the day… for lunch, dinner and even breakfast! These breakfast tacos are filled with all sorts of deliciousness. Scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, seasoned potatoes and drenched in Queso cheese sauce. Talk about heaven!
The week before we headed to Disneyland I was thinking of a way I could make a good taco for breakfast. I thought of all the original components; eggs, bacon, etc. and then thought how amazing would it be to add some seasoned potatoes and a cheesy sauce to go over the top. Well, that’s when these little beauties were born. 😀
The nice thing about these tacos is that you can use convenience items from the store to save on time. I used the frozen diced hash brown potatoes and seasoned them up good with seasoning salt. And for the bacon, instead of frying some up in a pan, I just used the packaged pre-cooked bacon pieces. They are delicious and I use them a lot when I don’t have time or want to cook bacon. They’re so convenient!
Last, but definitely not least, is the Queso cheese sauce. I have my own Crock Pot Queso Cheese Sauce recipe that would be amazing in this recipe! But to be honest, this time I used the Tostitos Queso Blanco Dip that comes in those glass jars and it worked wonders! You guys, these tacos are seriously the bomb. I hope you try them ASAP! 🙂
Bacon and Queso Breakfast Tacos
- 10 to 12 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 bag (2 lbs.) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- Seasoning salt, to taste
- 8 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 10 slices bacon, cooked then chopped (or use packaged precooked bacon pieces)
- 1 jar Tostitos Queso Blanco dip
- Cilantro if desired
- In a large non-stick skillet cook hash browns according to package directions. Season with seasoning salt. (as much or little as you like)
- Meanwhile, whisk the beaten eggs and milk together in a large bowl.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, cook and scramble eggs until done to your likeness. (We like our scrambled eggs well-done, not wet) Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook bacon until done, chop into small pieces.
- Warm tortillas in microwave and assemble tacos: fill each tortilla with scrambled eggs, then potatoes, bacon and drizzle with warm Queso cheese sauce.
- Serve tacos with salsa and cilantro. Enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST FOOD BOARD!