Zucchini is one of my favorite veggies. It hasn’t always been though. I’ve been a picky vegetable eater most of my life- usually only eating broccoli, corn and carrots. But when Kale and I got married I became brave and started experimenting with new ones. I remember the first time I tried zucchini. It was at a restaurant and it was a baked version like this recipe I’m sharing today. I fell in-love at first bite and was hooked from that point on.
This Baked Parmesan Zucchini is absolutely delicious. I love the crispy outer edges from the parmesan coating. It makes for one fabulous tasting veggie! I like to serve this as a side dish with just a piece of baked chicken. It makes for a super healthy and yummy dinner that even my kids will eat! 🙂
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 4 zucchini quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cooling rack with non-stick spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Parmesan cheese, thyme, oregano, basil, parsely, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place zucchini onto prepared baking sheet. Spray the tops with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Place into oven and bake 15 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!