BBQ Chicken Foil Packs are a creative way to enjoy dinner. Chicken, pineapple, bell pepper and onion are all coated in BBQ sauce then wrapped in foil. Cook the packs right on the grill for the ultimate outdoor meal!
This recipe is such a fun way to get each member of the family involved with dinner. BBQ Chicken Foil Packs are so fun to make, and they taste incredible too! BBQ sauce is the best flavor to add on the grill, so these foil packs are little pouches of summertime goodness!
Begin by cutting chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut red bell pepper into 1-inch pieces as well. Dice red onion into small pieces. Open and drain canned pineapple, or if you want to put your knife skills to the test cut and cube your own pineapple. This is a great way to add even more fresh flavor to this dish.
With BBQ Chicken Foil Packs each person can show off their creativity by assembling their own meal. These are a great dinner to take camping as well. Prep and make them the day before you go out into the wilderness. Once you are ready for dinner, pull them out of the ice chest and place your foil pack onto the grill over the campfire. Roast your savory meal until the chicken is cooked thoroughly!
CAN I USE ANOTHER KIND OF MEAT?
Yes! Try cutting up pieces of steak for your foil packs. You can also cube pieces of bacon and add to your meal for added savory flavor.
WHAT OTHER VEGETABLES CAN I USE?
You can never go wrong with mushrooms, zucchini, squash, potatoes, or carrots. They would all be delicious to try!
SHOULD I MARINATE THE CHICKEN?
PRO TIP: If you have time, cube, and marinate the chicken in barbecue sauce the day before assembling. It will infuse your dinner with extra flavor.
ENJOY THIS RECIPE? HERE ARE A FEW MORE TO GET EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY INVOLVED WITH DINNER!
BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza – Flavorful pizza smothered in BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, cilantro, and mozzarella cheese.
Grilled Steak Kebabs – Marinated steak pieces skewered and BBQed with vegetables.
Teriyaki Chicken Kebabs – Marinated chicken pieces skewered and BBQs with vegetables.
Mexican Pizza – Tortillas filled with ground beef, refried beans, cheese, and topped with enchilada sauce.
BBQ Chicken Foil Packs
- 4 sheets heavy duty tin foil (heavy duty works best to prevent tearing and leaking)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1 red bell pepper, diced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Arrange 4 large sheets of tin foil on a clean flat surface.Place the chicken pieces and barbecue sauce in a large bowl. Toss to coat the chicken fully in the sauce.
- Divide chicken pieces evenly among the 4 sheets of foil. Place right in the center of foil. Then divide the pineapple, bell pepper and red onion evenly over the chicken on the foil sheets.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil over chicken so the edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets on a preheated grill. Close grill lid and let cook for 10 minutes.Turn packs over and cook another 10 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Internal temperature of chicken needs to be 165 degrees F. OR Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 35 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.