Mexican Pizzas start with seasoned ground beef, beans, cheese and enchilada sauce stuffed between two golden flour tortillas. They are a delicious twist on traditional pizza!
The first time I ate a Mexican Pizza was at Taco Bell. I thought it was the yummiest thing in the world! They start with seasoned ground beef, cheese, enchilada sauce all packed between two flour tortillas. They taste so good and are a fun twist on traditional pizza!
Taco Bell reminds me of my Dad. LOL Seriously. When my parents divorced Dad would pick up my sisters, brother and I and take us out to dinner on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I always looked forward to it. Dad’s idea of a good dinner for his 5 kids was Taco Bell! ha I would always order 2 soft tacos and a small pepsi. I thought it was the greatest dinner ever.
Now that I’m an adult I rarely eat there because I know I can make Mexican food a million times better at home. If you love the Mexican Pizza’s at Taco Bell, then I dare you to try making the homemade version. They are awesome and super duper easy to make!
Seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce and cheese stuffed between two golden flour tortillas. These will be a hit with the whole family!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 6 medium-size flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 small can sliced olives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Take 2 baking sheets and spray them with non-stick spray. Place 3 tortillas on each baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes, carefully flip tortillas over while they’re still in the oven (*don’t burn yourself please*) and then bake another 5 minutes to crisp on the other side. You want tortillas a slight golden color and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Stir and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the refried beans until warmed through. Spread a thin layer of beans on one tortilla. Top with ⅓ of the meat mixture. Place another tortilla on top of the meat. Spread 3 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of the top tortilla. Sprinkle with some cheddar cheese and pepper-jack cheese. Add a few dices of tomato, green onion and olives.
- Repeat process with the remaining tortillas. You will have 3 Mexican pizzas total.
- Place pizzas on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy ♥