OCTOBER is here! YAY! Anyone that knows me personally or has followed the blog for awhile knows I adore Halloween. It is my second fave holiday to Christmas! I love all the cute and spooky decorations and fill my house with a mix of both. I also love planning out our costumes! Basically, Halloween makes me a happy girl 😀
Every Friday this month I’ll be sharing a fun HALLOWEEN treat or decoration idea to get you all in the spooky spirit with me! 🙂 Up first are these AMAZING Caramel Apple Nachos. They are SO good and super simple to make. They’d be perfect for a party or a fun after-school snack the kids can help make. The toppings can really be whatever your heart desires. The options are endless!
- 4 large green apples (I use Granny Smith)
- ½ package Kraft caramels (unwrapped) or caramel bits
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ½ package white chocolate chips
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 Heath candy bar, crushed
- Clean apples with water, dry with paper towels. Slice each apple into 8 pieces. Arrange apple slices onto a large serving platter.
- Meanwhile, place caramels in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tablespoon water. Microwave in 25 second intervals until just melted. Drizzle warm caramel over apples.
- Place white chocolate chips in a separate microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 25 second intervals until just melted. Drizzle over apples.
- Top apples with mini chocolate chips and crushed candy bar. Serve immediatley and enjoy!