Caramel Apple Nachos are slices of green apples covered in warm caramel, melted white chocolate and crushed candy bars. This fun take on the traditional caramel apple makes for an easy and tasty fall treat!
Caramel Apple Nachos are slices of green apples covered in warm caramel, melted white chocolate and crushed candy bars. This fun take on the traditional caramel apple makes for an easy and totally tasty fall treat! Whether you choose to bring it along to your next Halloween party or to make it for an easy after school snack, either way there won’t be one morsel left! 🙂
I have to say, fall is probably my favorite season. There’s just so many good things that come with the season: cozy sweaters, pumpkins, fall baking, and the heat finally stopping its vengeful wrath. What’s not to love? Even better, one of those amazing things that comes with the cooler weather is caramel apples!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love me a good caramel apple, but they can sometimes be a pain to eat. You usually end up with a sticky, gooey mess all over your face. And while it may be fun to torment your husband by trying to kiss him, it’s not fun to clean off. So these Caramel Apple Nachos make the perfect alternative! You still get all the delicious flavors and benefits of the traditional caramel apple, minus the messy face. 😉
These Caramel Apple Nachos can still be a little messy, but I think I’d much rather wash my hands than face, that’s just me though. 🙂
Although I kept this version fairly simple, there are endless options of toppings to add! You could add melted marshmallow, hot fudge, peanut butter, chopped nuts, coconut shavings and pretzels- to name a few.
You can also use other types of candy bars; Kit Kats, Snickers, Twix, Milky Way and Reese’s are some other incredibly divine (and totally naughty 😉) options. No matter how you choose to make these, it’ll be love in every bite!
MORE DELICIOUS FALL TREATS YOU MAY LIKE:
Caramel Apple Nachos
Slices of green apples covered in warm caramel sauce, white chocolate and crushed candy bars!
- 4 large green apples (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 cup Kraft caramels unwrapped (or Kraft caramel bits)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 Heath candy bar crushed
- Clean apples with water, dry with paper towels. Slice each apple into 8 pieces. Arrange apple slices onto a large serving platter.
- Meanwhile, place caramels in a microwave-safe bowl with 1 Tablespoon water. Microwave in 25 second intervals until just melted. Drizzle warm caramel over apples.
- Place white chocolate chips in a separate microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 25 second intervals until just melted. Drizzle over apples.
- Top apples with mini chocolate chips and crushed candy bar. Serve immediatley and enjoy!
WANT TO SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
PIN IT TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARD!